Suze T made a list of the books I mentioned earlier. That was such a thoughtful gesture. I wanted to share it with you all, with much gratitude to Suze. Now I have more time to make you all another list before I go on the road.
I am turning in, wishing everyone a goodnight.
1. Suspended Sentences: Three Novellas by Patrick Modiano 2006
2. The Divorce by César Aira 2021 Forward by Patti
3. An Episode in the Life of a Landscape Painter by César Aira
4. Rashōmon. Short stories by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa 1915
5. Murder in the Age of Enlightenment: Essential Stories by Ryūnosuke Akutagawa
6. Hear the Wind Sing by Haruki Murakami 1979
7. The Wall by Marlen Haushofer 1963
8. The Lover by Marguerite Duras 1984
9. Me & Other Writing by Marguerite Duras
10. The Man on the Balcony by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö 1967
11. Star by Yukio Mishima
12. M'Hashish by Mohammed Mrabet 1969
13. Amulet by Roberto Bolaño
14. Baron Bagge by Alexander Lernet-Holenia Forward by Patti
15. Astragal by Albertine Sarrazin New Directions Introduction by Patti
16. Wittgenstein's Nephew by Thomas Bernhard
Patti Smith is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support my work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
Thank you, Suze T. :)
Patti, you have lead me to many great books!!